Hi, I need someone to answer these 5 questions.
1. Define the terms paramagnetism and
diamagnetism. Discuss how these terms relate to paired and unpaired electrons in a material.
2. When examining the magnetic properties of a material by observing the behavior of a magnet on an analytical balance, how do you distinguish between diamagnetic and paramagnetic behavior of the material? Make sure to explain how the material interacts with the magnet on the balance.
3. How does electron configuration correlate to the magnetic behavior of ions and atoms in a substance?
4. What electrons (s, p,d, or f) are responsible for the paramagnetic behavior of an ion? Explain.
5. Is AgCl expected to be a diamagnetic or paramagnetic compound? How many unpaired electrons are present in AgCl? Explain your answers.