20SS_CHEM_1010<br/><br/><br/>1) One liter of argon gas contains 26,900,000,000,000,000,000,000
atoms at normal temperature and pressure. Express the number of atoms in scientific notation.
2) Add 250.0 mL to 5.00 mL and round off the answer.
3) Divide 11.375 g by 10.0 mL and round off the answer.
4) Subtract 0.25 g from 31.116 g and round off the answer.
5)Which of the following metric rulers has the least uncertainty?
6) Magnesium is one of the least dense elements ( d = 1.74 g/cm 3). What is the volume of a 10.0 g sample of the metal?
7) Platinum is one of the most dense elements ( d = 21.5 g/cm 3). What is the volume of a 10.0 g sample of the metal?
8) Which of these elements is chemically similar to magnesium?
9) Which of these elements exhibits chemical behavior similar to that of oxygen?
10) Table salt melts at 801 °C. What is the melting point on the Fahrenheit scale?
11) Which one of the following statements about atoms and subatomic particles is correct?
12) Which subatomic particle has no charge?
13) Aluminum sulfate, Al 2(SO 4) 3, is used in styptic pencils to stop minor bleeding. What is the number of atoms in the chemical formula of aluminum sulfate?
14) Cyanocobalamin, C 63H 88CoN 14O 14P, is vitamin B 12. What is the number of atoms in one molecule of vitamin B 12?
15) Atoms of the same element with different mass numbers are called
16) How many neutrons are there in an atom of lead whose mass number is 208?
17) An atom of the isotope sulfur-31 consists of how many protons, neutrons, and electrons? (p = proton, n = neutron, e = electron)
18) Which of the following is a metal?
19) Which of the following chemical symbols corresponds to selenium?
20) According to the kinetic theory, what happens to gaseous molecules when the temperature of a gas increases?
21) Which element has the following electron configuration?