Please advise. See my earlier email below for further clarification.
Please go ahead and respond to the system on Course Hero. Your clarification will be read by our tutors. Thank you.
On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Mary Jo Stemrich-King <[email protected]> wrote:
In lab we prepared 1 blank and 4 standard solutions of iron + deionized water to 50ml:
1. 1mL stock iron,16 drops citrate, 1.00mL hydroquinone, 1.50mL phenanthroline
2. 2mL stock iron, 12 drops citrate..................
3. 3mL stock iron, 18 drops citrate.....................
4. 5mL stock iron, 30 drops citrate....................
(conc. of stock iron was 7.17 x 10-4M)
Prepared vitamin pill soln, CVS brand w/ label stated iron content on label of 18 mg:
soln A - vit pill + 25 ml of 6M HCL heated on hot plate until dissolved, added 25mL of distilled water to the soln and filter soln into clean 100ml volumetric flask (rinsing flask 3 times with a few mL/ distilled water); after flask colled added distilled water to 100mL mark
solnB - poured 20mL of soln A into a clean, dry beaker.Then pipeted 5.00 mL of soln A into 100mL volumetric flask and then filled it with distilled water to 100 mL mark (1:20 dilution)
solnC - poured 20mL of soln B into clean, dry beaker. Then pipeted 5.00mL of soln B into 50mL volumetric flask and added 50 drops citrate, 1.00 mL of hydroquinone, and 1.50 mL of phenanthroline. Filled flask to the mark with distilled water and mixed.(1:10 dilution)
Solution C was poured into cuvette. Blank soln was used to calibrate the spectrophotometer(508 nm), so it's absorbance was zero. Solutions 2-5 stock iron solutions were each poured into the cuvette one at a time and the absorbance was recorded for each. Then the soln C was put in the spectrophotometer and it's absorbance recorded.
My results came out as follows:
soln C - .205
blank = 0.00
soln 1 = .203
soln 2 = .364
soln 3 = .574
soln 4 = .985
Instructor wants a formal lab report title, abstract, introduction, procedure (description of how it was done, not how to do it), and results and conclusion. It has to be very concise and not mention the words "next", "then we", or "I". I can do the excel anaylsis part of this but the report and the title I would say " Analysis of iron in CVS brand vitamin"??? What I need is the formal lab report on this experiment.
----- Original Message ----
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Fri, March 19, 2010 6:12:35 AM
Subject: Your Chemistry question status
Hi [email protected],
We need you to clarify your question for our tutors!
Clarification request: Hi,
Please clarify the word limit and number of pages required. Also clearly elaborate your question.
Your question: Enter your homework question or assignment here ... I need to do a formal lab report on the spectrophotometric determination of iron in a vitamin pill. The experiment is done, but I don't know how to even begin the formal lab report.
Recently Asked Questions
- Razia is planning to deposit some money in the bank for her college that earns a 9.0% APR with monthly compounding. Razia plan to invest $800 at the end of
- Spencer Kars provides shuttle service between four hotels near a medical center and an international airport. Spencer Kars uses two 10-passenger vans to offer
- American airline has a bond outstanding that’s priced at $1181.80 per bond .Bond's coupon rate of 6.05% per year, makes semi‐annual payments, matures in 18