1) If 60.0mL of 0.0400 M NaCl (aq) is added to 60.0mL of 0.0300M Pb(NO3)2(aq) will a precipitate form? Assume that the volumes are additive. Show calculations to support your answer.
2) Calculate the equilibrium value of Pb+2 (aq) in 1.00L of saturated PbCl2 solution to which 0.250 moles of NaCl(s) has been added. Assume that no volume change occurs.
3) If 0.100 M NaCl(aq) is added slowly to a beaker containing both 0.120M AgNO3(aq) and 0.150 M Pb(NO3)2 (aq) at 25 degrees C, which will precipitate first, AgCl (s) or PbCl2(s)? Show calculations to support your answer.
This question was asked on Apr 25, 2010.
Recently Asked Questions
- Many times in the practice of medicine, you will be called upon to keep the decisions of minor confidential from their parents. In this scenario, you have
- Consider the mitochondrial electron transport chain that utilizes NADH a. What is the NET balanced equation for the entire reaction run by Complex I, Complex
- Consider the oxidation of ethanol (CH3CH2OH) to carbon dioxide and water and the production of ATP. Ethanol is converted to Acetyl-CoA in three steps: Note