Magnesia (MgO) is used for fire brick, crucibles, and furnace linings because of its high melting point. It is produced by decomposing magnesite (MgCO3) at around 1200 oC.
1. Calculate the equilibrium pressure of CO2(g) (in atmospheres) above MgCO3(s) at 298 K.
2. Calculate the equilibrium pressure of CO2(g) (in atmospheres) above MgCO3(s) at 1200 K. Write the equation:
MgCO3 (s) <> CO2 (g) + MgO (s)
now [CO2] is in units of moles/liter for the gas.
But moles/liter= Pressure/R*T
or Pressure= moles/liter *RT
check my thinking
Recently Asked Questions
- Total parenteral nutrition support for patient includes a 20% fat emulsion to provide enough essential fatty acids and calories for a patient. If the patient
- A baby was born 52 cm long. The baby grew 2 inches from birth. How many cm long is the baby now?
- Introduction to Statistics. Correlation and regression. Scatter plots and calculating correlation.