2 KClO3 --------> 2 KCl + 3 O2
2. When ammonia burns in pure oxygen, the reaction is:
4 NH3 + 3 O2 ----------> 2 N2 + 6 H2O
What masses of nitrogen AND water could be produced from 45.0 g of ammonia?
3. The reaction of carbon and zinc is important in the steel industry. The UNBALANCED reaction is listed below for you.
C + ZnO ----------> Zn + CO2
When 6.50 g of carbon rect with 10.0 g of zinc oxide,
a. What is the limiting reactant for this situation?
b. What is the excess reactant for this situation?
c. What is the theoretical yield?
4. 59.6 g of magnesium carbonate decomposes to form magnesium oxide and carbon dioxide. When the reaction is done, a chemist isolates 23.4 g of magnesium oxide.
MgCO3 ----------> MgO + CO2
a. What is the theoretical yield for this situation?
b. What is the percent yield for this experimentation?
This question was asked on Apr 28, 2010.
Recently Asked Questions
- Help me with number 5 please What would we be certain about?
- I cant get it. Struggling to add spaces in there I cant get it. Struggling to add spaces in there I cant get it. Struggling to add spaces in there I cant get
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from homeworkchapter11.docx.