a. tastes bitter
b. turns litmus blue
c. pH less than 7
d. feels slippery
2. Classify each of the following Arrhenius bases as strong or weak given the degree of ionization.
a. zinc hydroxide, Zn(OH)2(s), ~1%
b. lithium hydroxide, LiOH(aq), ~ 100%
c. iron(II) hydroxide, Fe(OH)2(s), ~ 1%
d. barium hydroxide, Ba(OH)2(aq), ~ 100%
3. Given the molar concentration of hydrogen ion [H+] = 6.2 x 10 -7, calculate the concentration of hydroxide ion.
4. Given the molar concentration of hydroxide ion [OH -] = 4.6 X 10 -13, calculate the concentration of hydrogen ion.
5. Classify each of the following bases as a strong or weak electrolyte.
6. What is the term for ions that appear in total ionic equation but are not present in the net ionic equation?
7. In 1 mL of water there are 3 X 1022 molecules of H2O. How manyhydrogen ions are in 1 mL of water (Hint: In 1 billion water molecules, only 2 are ionized).
8. What is the pH of a 0.25 M NaOH solution?
9. You and a friend are having dinner at a restaurant. You order strong, hot tea with lemon, and your friend orders plain hot tea. When your drinks arrive, the waiter apologetically informs you that he has already put the lemon into one of the teapots. He realized his mistake, and took it out, but now he doesn't know which is which. You assure him that since you are a chemist, you know which is which. How do you make this determination?
10. A Rolaids tablet contains calcium carbonate, which neutralizes stomach acid. If 44.55 mL of 0.488 M hydrochloric acid is required to neutralize one tablet, how many milligrams of calcium carbonate are in a Rolaids tablet?
CaCO3.(s) + 2 HCl(aq) -> CaCl2(aq) + H2O(l) + CO2(g)
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from TRO 4th ED Practice Exam # 2.
- A loan of $28,000 is paid off in 36 payments at the end of each month in the following way: Payments of $700 are made at the end of the month for the first 12
- I need help deciding which test to use for a research question. Can you please help me? I am supposed to use one of the following tests: independent-samples t