Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems.
1. When performing a Friedel-Crafts alkylation reaction, not only does one have the problems
of multiple alkylation and rearrangement of the cation, but the presence of strong electron
donating groups prevents reaction. Provide an explanation for this.
2. Metallocenes, like ferrocene cannot be nitrated. Why?
3. Draw the structure of the diacetylferrocene you would obtain if ferrocene were diacetylated.
4. Draw an arrow pushing mechanism for the formation of the acylium ion when acetic
anhydride reacts with phosphoric acid.
5. Provide the major organic product(s) for the following reactions.
Recently Asked Questions
- Assume that there are two groups of apples. One group consists of large apples whose weight follow the normal distribution N(330, 152 ). This notation means
- 1/ Determine the infinite limit. lim x csc ( x ) x 2 + a. b. 2/ Determine the infinite limit. lim ( x 2 6 x ) / ( x 2 12 x + 36 ) x 6 + 3/ Find the limit, if
- Why is it legal to practice ethical hacking and how much risk does it impose on IT data security?