(Points: 1) Which one of the following would furnish the highest yield of a methyl ether on reaction with NaOCH3 under conditions of the Williamson synthesis?
c. tert-Butyl bromide
e. Benzyl chloride
2. (Points: 1) Which pair of reagents from the list below react together to give tert-butyl methyl ether?
a. A and C
b. A and D
c. B and C
d. B and D
3. (Points: 1) Four of the following are resonance forms of each other. Which one is not?
4. (Points: 1) Which one of the following best represents the rate-determining transition state for the reaction of sodium phenoxide (C6H5ONa) with methyl bromide?
5. (Points: 1) Which phenol is the most acidic?
6. (Points: 1) Which of the following compounds are formed on epoxidation of trans-2-butene with peroxyacetic acid?
a. only A
b. a mixture containing equal quantities of B and C
c. a mixture containing equal quantities of A and B
d. a mixture containing equal quantities of A and C
e. a mixture containing equal quantities of A, B, and C
7. (Points: 1) The two structures shown are:
a. constitutional isomers
c. different resonance forms of the same species
d. different conformations of the same species
e. 5. diastereomers
(Points: 1) Which is the best synthesis of 2-methyl-2-butanol?
a. Acid-catalyzed hydration of 2-methyl-2-butene
b. Treatment of 2-bromo-2-methylbutane with sodium hydroxide
c. Treatment of 2-methylbutane with sodium hydroxide
d. Oxidation of 2-methyl-2-butene with Na2Cr2O7 in aqueous sulfuric acid
e. Treatment of 2-methyl-1-butene with peroxyacetic acid
9. (Points: 1) Which one of the following compounds is the most acidic?
d. Ethyl phenyl ether
10. (Points: 1) What products are formed in the following reaction?
a. (CH3)3CO-Na+ + CH3Cl
b. (CH3)3COCH3 + NaCl
c. (CH3)3CC(CH3)3 + NaOCl
d. (CH3)2C=CH2 + CH3OH + NaCl
e. No reaction will occur
Recently Asked Questions
- The smartphone market is in long-run equilibrium. Then the demand for smartphones increases. Describe what happens in the market for smartphones. In the
- what are the effects of beta blockers on anxiety? In what method are they able to decrease anxiety?
- Describe management’s responsibilities in implementing effective internal control over financial reporting in a public company.What responsibilities did Koss