b. 5.6 x 102
d. 4.8 x 102
25. Use the following standard reduction potentials in V: Ag+ → Ag, +0.80; Fe2+ → Fe, -0.41; Fe3+ → Fe, -0.04; Mn2+ → Mn, -1.18; Zn2+ → Zn, -0.76. The electrical potential of the cell represented above is 0.46 Â± 0.01 volts. Identify X.
26. Respective standard reduction potentials in V for Pb2+ and Ni2+ are -0.13 and -0.28. Which substance will be oxidized in the voltaic cell below?
e. No substance will be oxidized because the reaction is nonspontaneous.
27. What is the coefficient of the hypochlorite ion when the following equation is balanced?
Cl0- + S2032- → Cl- + S042- (basic solution)
28. Which of the halogens in Table 20.1 is the strongest oxidizing agent?
29. What is the coefficient of the permanganate ion when the following equation is balanced?
Mn04- + Br- → Mn2+ + Br2 (acidic solution)
Question 25 diagram
Question 26 diagram
Question 28 Table
Recently Asked Questions
- The enzyme, phenylalanine hydroxylase catalyzes the conversion of phenylalanine to tyrosine and is deficient in patients with the disease-state known as PKU.
- how would I make a Karnaugh Map (k-map) of the following Boolean function. Write down simpler equivalent function. f(x,y,z) = xyz̄ +xȳz̄ + x̄yz̄ +
- How does the audience view the character of Lysistrata? What figure(s) in mythology or tragedy does she most resemble? Would an ancient Greek audience respond