b. 5.6 x 102
d. 4.8 x 102
25. Use the following standard reduction potentials in V: Ag+ → Ag, +0.80; Fe2+ → Fe, -0.41; Fe3+ → Fe, -0.04; Mn2+ → Mn, -1.18; Zn2+ → Zn, -0.76. The electrical potential of the cell represented above is 0.46 Â± 0.01 volts. Identify X.
26. Respective standard reduction potentials in V for Pb2+ and Ni2+ are -0.13 and -0.28. Which substance will be oxidized in the voltaic cell below?
e. No substance will be oxidized because the reaction is nonspontaneous.
27. What is the coefficient of the hypochlorite ion when the following equation is balanced?
Cl0- + S2032- → Cl- + S042- (basic solution)
28. Which of the halogens in Table 20.1 is the strongest oxidizing agent?
29. What is the coefficient of the permanganate ion when the following equation is balanced?
Mn04- + Br- → Mn2+ + Br2 (acidic solution)
Question 25 diagram
Question 26 diagram
Question 28 Table
Recently Asked Questions
- What is the laminar flow rate of water in a pipe with an internal radius of 0.008-m and a length of 4.0 m if the pressure difference across the pipe is 2.0
- General electric manufactures a decorative Crystal clear 60 watt light bulb has lifetime normally distributed with the mean of 1550 hours and a standard
- April 27 th was the most active day of the “Super Outbreak of 2011” (do an internet search to learn more about this event), which took place between April