the product from biphenyl.
a. What is ligroin?
b. Can you suggest an alternative solvent that might be used in
9. Consider the same reaction as in the previous question (#8) except that in
this case it is carried out with ethyl benzoate. What product would be i
expected in this case?
10. Grignard reagents may be used to prepare other organometallic reagents,
for example, ethylmagnesium bromide reacts with cadmium chloride to
2 CH3CH2MgCI + CdCI2 (CH3CH2)2Cd + 2 MgCI2
Indicate the product of the following reactions and name the
4 CH3MgCI + SiCI4 2 C6HsMgCI + HgCI2 11. para-Nitrobenzaldehyde reacts at a faster rate than benzaldehyde in the
Perkin reaction while p-N,N-dimethylaminobenzaldehyde is much less
reactive toward the same nucleophile. Explain.
18. It is likely that the amount of Grignard reagent your analysis indicates was
formed is greater than the amount of Grignard reagent actually present
just before you added water. Explain.
Recently Asked Questions
- Assume that all grade-point averages are to be standardized on a scale between 0 and 5...
- Chapter 6 Transactions Affecting General Long-term Liabilities and Debt Service The City of Smithville created a Street Improvement Bond Debt Service Fund
- This is one questions with three parts 1) I expect to need four turkeys to feed my 20 Thanksgiving guests. However, spiking the eggnog (adding alcohol) with