the product from biphenyl.
a. What is ligroin?
b. Can you suggest an alternative solvent that might be used in
9. Consider the same reaction as in the previous question (#8) except that in
this case it is carried out with ethyl benzoate. What product would be i
expected in this case?
10. Grignard reagents may be used to prepare other organometallic reagents,
for example, ethylmagnesium bromide reacts with cadmium chloride to
2 CH3CH2MgCI + CdCI2 (CH3CH2)2Cd + 2 MgCI2
Indicate the product of the following reactions and name the
4 CH3MgCI + SiCI4 2 C6HsMgCI + HgCI2 11. para-Nitrobenzaldehyde reacts at a faster rate than benzaldehyde in the
Perkin reaction while p-N,N-dimethylaminobenzaldehyde is much less
reactive toward the same nucleophile. Explain.
18. It is likely that the amount of Grignard reagent your analysis indicates was
formed is greater than the amount of Grignard reagent actually present
just before you added water. Explain.
Recently Asked Questions
- Use implicit differentiation to find y′ and evaluate y′ at ( 5, − 4 ). 7xy+y+7=0 y' = ? y' (5,-4) = ?
- Supposed that I claim that the population mean height of Malta College students exceeds 65 inches. How can I test this claim? H0 = Null Hypothesis H1 =
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from DiscussionQuestionsfromTextbook_2_2_2_2_2.