• Resources: Ch. 10 and pp. 422–436 of Bioinquiry and the student companion Web site
• Review the following activities:
o Section 10.4: How Do Organisms Acquire Energy?
o SCI/230—Introduction to Life Science Course Syllabus Page 13
o Light-Dependent Reactions at http://higheredbcs.wiley.com/legacy/college/pruitt/0471473219/bioinquiries/ch10/flash/dependent_reac.html
o Light-Independent Reactions at http://higheredbcs.wiley.com/legacy/college/pruitt/0471473219/bioinquiries/ch10/flash/independent_reac.html
• Section 10.3: How Do Organisms Use Energy?
o Oxidative Phosphorylation at http://higheredbcs.wiley.com/legacy/college/pruitt/0471473219/bioinquiries/ch10/flash/oxidative_phos.html
o Krebs: Preparation and Cycle at http://higheredbcs.wiley.com/legacy/college/pruitt/0471473219/bioinquiries/ch10/flash/krebs.html
o Glycolysis at http://higheredbcs.wiley.com/legacy/college/pruitt/0471473219/bioinquiries/ch10/flash/glycolysis.html
Read the Chapter, review the web pages. Post a 750 – 1000 word response to the following questions in your Assignment Section. Cite and reference all sources using APA format.
Living things need ATP to power most of the processes that go on within them. In essence, how does cellular respiration yield this ATP?
Where do you expect people would have more mitochondria: their skin cells or their muscle cells? Why?
Sunlight reaching Earth is composed of a spectrum of energetic rays. Describe how the rays drive photosynthesis?
Recently Asked Questions
- How does Paul describe Jesus' attitude to power? What do verses say about the relationship between salvation, faith and righteousness? What do they say about
- If we are performing a two-tailed test of whether μ = 100 , the probability of detecting a shift of the mean to 105 will be ________ the probability of
- If an economist wishes to determine whether there is evidence that average family income in a community exceeds $ 25,000 . The best null hypothesis is :