( )0.345 M
( )0.0859 M
( )0.345 m
( )1.22 M
29. Which statement about solutions is not true? (Points : 4)
( )A solution is any homogeneous mixture containing two or more substances.
( )The two fundamental substances that make up a solution are the solute(s) and solvent.
( )The solvent is the component in the majority.
( )If the solute doesn't dissolve in the solvent at all, this is a supersaturated solution.
30. A chemist is producing copper(II) chloride using the following reaction:
Cu(s) + Cl2(g) --> CuCl2(s)
In one reaction, the chemist uses 15.0 g of copper metal and 10.0 g of chlorine gas as reactants. When the reaction reaches completion, 16.0 g of copper(II) chloride has been produced. What was the percent yield of the reaction? (Points : 4)
26. How many moles of iodine are produced from 7.00 moles of chlorine, according to the equation shown?
3Cl2(g) + 2FeI2(s) --> 2FeCl3(s) + 2I2(g) (Points : 4)
( )4.67 mol
( )10.5 mol
( )4.4 mol
( )1185.25 mol
27. Usng the following balanced chemical equation, determine the limiting reactant in the reaction between 3.0 grams of titanium and 8.0 grams of chlorine gas?
Ti(s) + 2Cl2(g) --> TiCl4(s) (Points : 4)
( )In this reaction, there is exactly the stoichiometric amount of each reactant.
24. Lucite is 71.4% carbon, 9.59% hydrogen, and 19.01% oxygen. What is the empirical formula for Lucite? (Points : 4)
( )The formula cannot be determined with only this information.
18. C2H2 is a chemical formula for acetylene. Which type of chemical formula is this? (Points : 4)
( )A molecular formula
( )An empirical formula
( )A structural formula
19. Titanium will form the cation Ti4+. What is the formula for the ionic compound titanium(IV) oxide, the white pigment in paint? (Points : 4)
20. Which is the formula for tetraphosphorus hexoxide? (Points : 4)