1) Heat flows measured in this experiment were actually not for simple neutralization of a proton and hydroxide ion (as indicated in the Introduction for Choice III); rather they include contributions based on the fact that these species are hydrated in aqueous solution. What does it mean to say that a proton is hydrated, and how will the heat of hydration affect the measured heat flow for neutralization reaction?
2) Based on your measurements what is mean value and standard deviation for H for reaction between H+ and OH- in aqueous solution?
Recently Asked Questions
- Calculate the heat of formation of sucrose, knowing that the heatof combustion is -5645 KJ/mol.1. Write the equation fo rhte coombustion of sucrose 2. Do a
- 1. Draw a graph that displays the distribution of life expectancy. 2. What is the likelihood that a country has a life expectancy above 65 if per capita income
- What is the name given to somewhere where archaeologists excavate? A) Features B) Site C) Tea room D) Bedrooms