1) Heat flows measured in this experiment were actually not for simple neutralization of a proton and hydroxide ion (as indicated in the Introduction for Choice III); rather they include contributions based on the fact that these species are hydrated in aqueous solution. What does it mean to say that a proton is hydrated, and how will the heat of hydration affect the measured heat flow for neutralization reaction?
2) Based on your measurements what is mean value and standard deviation for H for reaction between H+ and OH- in aqueous solution?
Recently Asked Questions
- Consider a piece of software that you use frequently. For the purposes of this exercise, "software" can mean an application on your computer, an app on your
- Your Assignment is to write an essay discussing the financing of a new car for your business. The price of the used car is $23,500. Sales tax on this car is 7%
- Can someone please assist me with a discussion response asap? My professor provided the statement below and the attached file is the information I provided, in