1) The atoms arranged in the far left and far right columns of the periodic table are non-reactive.
2) Atoms in the column with oxygen and sulfur are 4 electrons short of having a full outer shell.
3) Atoms in the column with nitrogen and phosphorus are likely to become ions.
4) Atoms in the column with hydrogen have only one electron in their outermost shell.
This question was asked on Jan 23, 2013 and answered on Jan 23, 2013.
Recently Asked Questions
- What is the concept of “amae” and how does it relate to hierarchical relationships in Japan? Comment on the pros (good points) and cons (bad points) of the
- Choose the Civil War battle, other than Gettysburg, Vicksburg, and Antietam, you think was the most important battle in the war and explain why you think
- Portfolio Project Directions Pose an everyday problem that may come up at your workplace. This problem does not have to be earth-shattering, but rather