1) The number of protons usually = the number of electrons in an atom.
2) If an atom changes its number of protons, it changes identity, such as 40K decaying to Ar.
3) Different isotopes of the same element may have different masses.
4) An atom's identity (whether it's hydrogen, helium, or something else) is determined by its atomic mass.
This question was asked on Jan 23, 2013 and answered on Jan 24, 2013.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please answer. I need this answe the sooner the better
- With the understanding that the etiology of impulse control issues in Parkinson's disease is complex, examine the ethical concerns of any psychopharmacological
- Using an actual job listing from a company/agency in your area of interest, you will creat a job application letter and a resume. For the assignment, you will