1. Which statement is TRUE?
a. All fatty acids in a triglyceride are unsaturated.
b. All lipids contain fatty acids.
c. All steroids contain a 4-ring region.
d. All phospholipids have one saturated fatty acid tail and one unsaturated fatty acid tail.
2. You have tested an unknown sample with Biuret and Benedicts reagents. The solution mixed with Biuret is blue. The solution boiled with Benedictss reagent is also blue. What does this tell you about the sample?
3. Simple polysaccharides are composed of the same monomers while complex polysaccharides are composed of different monomers. Name a complex di/polysaccharide and its monomers.
4. How does the structure of a saturated fatty acid differ from an unsaturated fatty acid? Based on its structure, how does an unsaturated fatty acid affect plasma membrane fluidity?
5. What element is found in proteins but not in carbohydrates or lipids?
6. A peptide bond is always formed between the _____________ group of one _______________ and the ________________________ group of the next.
7. What is a reducing sugar?
8. Plant cells store energy in the form of _____________________, while animal cells store energy in the form of _______________________.
Please find the solution. Let... View the full answer