Hi I have a few homework question that I don't understand how to do.
1. At t=0 butadiene was introduced into an empty vessel at 326 oC and the gas phase dimerization reaction was followed at constant volume by monitoring the pressure P. The following data were obtained (1ks=10^3 s):
t/ks 0.000 0.367 0.731 1.038 1.751 2.550 3.625 5.403 7.140 10.600
P/torr 632.0 606.6 584.2 567.3 535.4 509.3 482.8 453.8 453.3 432.8
a) find the reaction order using a Powell plot or the fractional-life method. b) Evaluate the rate constant. (show graph)
2. Peroxyacetyl nitrate (PAN) is an air pollutant produced in photochemical smog by the reaction of hydrocarbons, oxides of nitrogne, and sunlight. PAN is unstable and dissociates into peroxyacetyl radicals and NO2 (g). The first order decomposition of PAN has a half life of 35 h at 0 oC and 30.0 min at 25 oC. At what temperature will a sample of air containing 5.0x10^14 PAN molecules per liter decomposes at the rate of 1.0x10^12 PAN molecules per liter per minute.
3. For the values of n=0, 1/2, 1, 3/2, 2 and 3 use a spreadsheet such as Excel to calculate a at closely spaced values of log base 10 phi. Then choose the chart type of XY scatter with smoothed lines to prepare Powell master curves.
Recently Asked Questions
- You are provided the following data from the market for Treasuries. The convention is semi-annual coupons and continuous compounding. (Ensure all calculations
- What are the limits and benefits of the expression: "Practice not-doing, / and everything will fall into place?" Verse 3, Thoughts from the Tao-te-Ching
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Auditing II ACC 492.docx.