Microsoft Word - MolecularModellingOnlineLab.docx
- You will be doing the modeling using the following website: http://chemagic.com/JSmolVMK2.htm
- In order to make a new molecule, you click draw.
- Once you are on this screen, you can access the atoms on the left side including C, N, O, S etc. If you need to use a different atom, you click on the X at the bottom left of the screen and enter the atom you need by typing it into the white box.
- Select the central atom first.
- Then, to create a bond, click on the button at the top that is one line. If you need a double bond, use the line that looks like an equals sign.
- Now you are ready to put another atom attached to the bond. Click on that atom and put it right next to the end of the bond you drew.
- You must try to draw the Lewis dot structure of the molecule first. Include the Lewis dot structure in your lab report as well.
- Once you are ready to see your molecule in 3D , click the 2D to 3D bottom of the screen and then take a screen shot of your molecule which you will turn in with your lab report next week.
- Benzene (C6H6)
- Go to Wikipedia. Choose any two amino acids except for alanine and glycine (the building blocks of proteins). Make their structures using this program.
The solution is... View the full answer