Using the geometric method, determine the amount of excavation required for the basement shown. The basement measurements are from the outside of the foundation walls. The width of the continuous footing is 12" and the average depth of the excavation is 6'-0". The footings extend 1'-0" outside and inside the foundation walls, and a 2'-0" space between the footing and the sides of the excavation must be provided to form the footings. The soil is excavated at 1.5:1 slope.
a. Express the excavation in cubic yards
b. If the soil has a swell percentage of 25% and a shrinkage of 8%. Determine the volume of soil that needs to be exported.
c. If the excavation volume were to be loaded on a truck, and hauled of site. What would be an economical number of 2cy trucks required to export given excavation to a local land if the trucks will have round-trip time of 15 minutes, a loading time of 5 minutes and an unloading time of 1 minute. Assume a 50-min hour for trucks and calculate the total cost per cubic yard. Also, both laborers are at the excavation site only.
Given costs are:
(1) Dump truck $112.50/hr
(1) Truck driver $25.00/hr
(2) Laborers $18.00/hr per laborer
(1) Foreman $32.00/hrplease help with part b and c
Recently Asked Questions
- Hi guys would you mind explaining to me this code? Especially the code where the mask part. In my ubderstanding, the mask is supposed to represent 1,2,4,8, and
- The following data were obtained from a survey of college students. The variable X represents the number of non-assigned books read during the past six
- Implement a Java program with a non-static draw method to display a bar chart. Bar lengths follow the integer inputs with a range between 0 and 100. The bars