PAVEMENT DESIGN AND ANALYSIS, CIVIL ENGINEERING
(1) This project is located at your hometown; the road level should be above the secondary road. Please design the both asphalt pavement and concrete structures according to AASHTO 93 guide. Please use local construction materials and typical pavement structures.
(2) Please search the traffic data by yourself, and estimate the EASLs(80kN).
(3) The type of subgrade and the relevant properties should be searched from previous design projects or published reports/papers.
(4) The design inputs, design procedure, and calculations should be presented in details.
(5) Please analyze the characteristics of the proposed pavement structures, points out the potential reasons of pavement damages, and the possible methods to optimize the pavement performance.
(6) Please refer to the flexible pavement and rigid pavement design example in AASHTO 93 design guide.
(7) If your country uses another pavement design method, comparisons between AASHTO 93 guide and your countries pavement design method are highly recommended.
244,337 students got unstuck by Course
Hero in the last week
Our Expert Tutors provide step by step solutions to help you excel in your courses