Read the scenarios in this folder. Choose one scenario and write a one-page analysis that
includes the following:
1) Construct a clear and specific thesis that states your position on what went wrong between the speakers in your chosen scenario. What was the source of their conflict?
2) Relate your sense of what went wrong in the scenario to a concept from Chapter 2: Communication and Culture. For example, after reading "Japanese Ghosts Don't Have Feet," you might describe the tensions between the American ethnographer and her Japanese hosts as related to the concept of low-context versus high-context cultures.
3) Explain what the speakers could have done differently to avoid their conflict with one another, or to resolve the conflict more effectively.
Recently Asked Questions
- Qualitative research methods __________. Group of answer choices all of the above focus on media ratings are the best form of audience measurement often use
- Javi has planned to give a speech on the benefits of laughter, when he notices that the audience is still crying from listening to the speech before his, a
- According to the opening sequence of the film, Al Jazeera satellite news channel is the most popular and most controversial news channel in the Arab world.