Report needs to be one page long.
Your friend, Tim Hall, is an expert in creating websites. In Hall's opinion, creation of websites is now a simple task using tools such as Adobe Dreamweaver, and therefore, he does not feel the need to learn HTML.
Based on the scenario, answer the following questions:
- Do you agree with Hall? Justify your answer using appropriate examples. Would Adobe Dreamweaver be the only tool needed for maintaining a website once it is created?
- Adobe Dreamweaver is not the only tool available for creating websites, even though it is the most popular. Search the Internet and compile a list of current authoring tools, other than Adobe Dreamweaver. Use the keywords "Web Authoring Tools" for your search.
- Prepare a report explaining the features of at least three of these authoring tools. You should include the following:
- The cost
- The source of the tool
- The features that it offers
- The type of interface it provides for design (such as text only or graphical user interface [GUI])
- The web languages that it supports
- Alongside each tool, list the websites that provide development support.
- In addition to HTML, what languages should a developer be able to use (through knowledge or through tools) in order to create dynamic and interactive websites? Explain why you included each language in your list.
- You may have encountered some difficulties while creating your web pages. Please share these with the class. Discuss technical issues rather than basic problems which are related to tool or software use.
- Suggest solutions to problems posted by others.