In the exercise below, assume the following:
• link MTU is 1500 bytes.
• IP overhead is 20 bytes
• TCP overhead is 32 bytes
• ACKs may be delayed for a short while and then sent (called a delayed ack), but once 2 in-order segments arrive, a cumulative ACK for both is sent immediately.
• Assume an initial window size of 4 TCP segments. (Ignore subsequent changes to window size due to flow control and congestion control considerations for the purpose of this exercise.)
Exercise 1 : Suppose a TCP client sends an application request to a TCP server with a data length of 429 bytes. Suppose the server responds with application data of length 7643 bytes. Draw a time sequence diagram showing the TCP handshake and data/ack messages with seq numbers, ack numbers and packet length identified for each message.
Recently Asked Questions
- 1. An economist with the Liquor, Hospitality and Miscellaneous Workers' Union collected data on the weekly salaries of workers in the hospitality industry in
- I am really upset I can not get this app to work and I have already paid. I have this work sheet that my son has for homework it is the same worksheet with the
- Hello, could you please provide me the answer for this question. a) b) and c)