Please assist me with the following
Using TCP socket to build HTTP client and server. The client program will use the HTTP protocol to download a file from the server using the HTTP GET method, and then subsequently use conditional GET operations to download the file only if it has been modified.
======Requirements as following. I tried to get the file locally using GET method, but didn't get much success.....======
1. Take in a single command line argument that specifies a web url containing the hostname and port where the server is running, as well as the name of the file to be downloaded, in the appropriate format. Example: localhost:12000/filename.html
2. Use a HTTP GET operation to download the file named in the URL
a. Print out the contents of the file
3. Use a Conditional GET operation to download the file named in the URL again
a. If the server indicates the file has not been modified since step 2, print output saying so (not necessary to print out file again)
b. Otherwise, the behavior is the same as 2a)
Please let me know if you require more information. Your assistance is appreciated.
Recently Asked Questions
- Which of the following is not typically considered to be an alternate procedure for handling nonreplies to accounts receivable confirmations ?
- In a 1 for 4 stock split , a share trading at $ 10 prior to the split would be trading at ________ after the split .
- Special Treatment for Small Business . Congressional favoritism for small business can be illustrated by the following provisions :