You have been asked to create the logic data model for the Golden Eagle Wholesale Golf Distributors. Golden Eagle distributes golf equipment for various manufacturers to the pro shops at golf courses throughout the state. They store the equipment in a centrally located warehouse and ship to the pro shops based on the purchase orders submitted by their sales staff or that are phoned in directly by their customers. If an order is phoned in by the customer, the sales rep is still credited with the commission. Because this is a wholesale distributor, there is no sales tax charged to the customer. Each sales rep is assigned to golf courses within a specific area of the state. Golden Eagle must have the following information.
Equipment selling price
Golf Course Address
Golf Course location
Golf Course name
Golf Course Phone number
Golf Course Pro Shop Contact
Price of each item ordered
Purchase Order Date
Purchase Order Number
Quantity on hand
Quantity ordered for each item
Sale Rep responsible for the Golf Course
Sales commission rate
Sales Rep who wrote the order
Sales Reps name
Total amount due for the order
- Given the above scenario, identify the entities and list them at the top of the Entity Attribute Form.
- Once you think you have a complete list of entities, complete the Entity Attribute Form by listing each entity in its own row, then place the attributes with its entity. Review to make sure that attributes are nonredundant. (See the sample provided.)
- Using the entity-relationship (ER) matrix, define the relationship among entities. (See the sample provided)
- Draft ERD. This should be hand drawn and need only list the entity name and the primary verb phrase to describe the relationship.
- Identify the cardinality for each relationship and place that on the draft.
- Normalize your draft and create the Visio ERD. This drawing must show the Entity Name, primary key, any foreign keys, cardinality, and verb phrase. You must also put in all of the nonkey attributes.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from If memory is required over a short interval, which type of practice is
- Been trying to figure out this question for awhile... would truly appreciate any insight. Thx! Under normal circumstances, the weighted average cost of capital
- Shapiro’s overall point is that: Corporations are more accountable than in the past, so no changes are needed. Corporate structure needs a drastic overhaul.