Research Paper: Topic Proposal and Outline Instructions
The easiest approach for selecting a topic for your paper might be to review the various subject areas covered in the course readings (i.e., search the bibliographies of the textbooks). Although the chosen topic must relate directly to the general subject area of this course, you are not limited to the concepts, techniques, and technologies specifically covered in this course.
Each Topic Outline must include the following 3 items:
1. A brief (at least 3-4 bullets with 1-2 sentences per bullet) overview of the research topics of your paper
2. A list of at least 3 questions you intend your research to ask and hopefully answer. These must be questions that will require you to draw conclusions from your research.
3. At least 3 initial research sources. These can be the title and author of a publication or the link to an online source.
Example formats for Topic Outlines:
1. Briefly describe the overall concept of system integration.
2. Discuss the traditional approach of big-bang integration including the major advantages and disadvantages of this approach.
3. Discuss the traditional approaches of top-down and bottom-up integration and their major advantages and disadvantages.
4. Discuss the traditional approach of mixed integration, combining the desirable advantages from the top-down and bottom-up integration approaches.
1. Why is system integration an important step in the software development process?
2. Why has big-bang integration not survived as a useful testing method?
3. Why have top-down and bottom-up integration not been replaced by more modern methods?
4. Why would you use mixed integration all the time rather than sometimes using top-down and bottom-up integration exclusively?
3. Testing Computer Software, 2nd Edition, by Cem Kaner
During your research, if any substantial changes to your objective(s) are necessary, or a topic change is required, communicate with your instructor via email.
The Policy Research Paper: Topic Proposal and Outline is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 2.
The Technology Research Paper: Topic Proposal and Outline is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 5.
Recently Asked Questions
- Reliable Electric is a regulated public utility, and it is expected to provide steady dividend growth of 5% per year for the indefinite future. Its last
- Pangbourne Whitchurch has preferred stock outstanding. The stock pays a dividend of $3 per share, and sells for $30. The corporate tax rate is 35%. What is the
- help with naming 4 events/dates that have influenced changes in quality improvement. what, why and when