I need help with writing this paper - I have provided the outline below as well as 5 out of the 10 references that are needed for completion.
- Research and select a current trend in the area of telecommunications. Prepare a 10-15 page paper in Microsoft Word (counts as 10% of the final grade) AMU approved APA format (see writing expectations in the Policies section) (350 words per page). At a minimum include the following: Detailed description of the area researched
- Technology involved in the area
- Future trends in the area
- Example companies involved in the area
- Regulatory issues surrounding the area
- Global implications for the area
- References (minimum of 10)
The topic of the paper is Optimizing the National Cyber Strategy
A. Brief discussion of recent cyber security incidents
1. 2015 in Ukraine: Russian Federation's role in the world's first successful cyberattack on a power grid
2. 2018 in United States: Russian cyber operation to remotely target the U.S. power grid
B. Brief overview of enabling flaws in current national cyber policy
C. Thesis Statement: The national cyber strategy must update policies and security measures to assure the national readiness and an adequate response for the increased threat of cyber aggression.
II. Overview of Relevant Technology in the Area
A. Basic Network Infrastructure in Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems (SCADA)
B. Standard Security Policy and Best Practices
C. Current Strengths and Weaknesses in Present Technology and Network Management
III. Future Trends in National Cyber Policy and Technology
A. Review of cyberattack incidents on Ukraine and United States from introduction
B. Continued threat of Russian and other foreign aggression
C. Technology and policy changes required to address identified vulnerabilities
D. Current and future technologies and changes being developed and implemented to improve cyber security and policy
IV. Related Cyber Laws and Regulations
A. Overview of Comprehensive National Cybersecurity Initiative of 2008
B. Department of Homeland Security's National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center
C. National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace
D. Issues in Prioritization of Cyber Security Support in the Federal Budget
E. Comparative overview of cyber strategy of Northern Alliance Treaty Organization allies
F. The Winning Chinese Effort against Cyber Espionage
V. Global Implications for the National Cyber Strategy
A. Possible courses of action: the cost of doing nothing vs Implementing Cyber Strategy
B. Possible geopolitical, diplomatic, economic and domestic impacts of each option
C. Recommend reevaluation and revision of national cyber strategy in terms of technology implementation, security management, and policy formulation.
A. Restate thesis statement
B. Summarize recommended technology requirements to improve national cyber strategy
C. Summarize recommended policy requirements to improve national cyber strategy
D. Summarize current flaws and future legal and regulatory options
E. Summarize recommended course of action and cost of inaction
Grant, J. (2011). "The National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace: Enhancing Online Choice, Efficiency, Security, and Privacy through Standards". IEEE Internet Computing, 15(6): 80-84.
Iasiello, A. (2013). "Fixing U.S. Cybersecurity: A Modest Proposal for Swallowing Pride and Reducing Egos". Comparative Strategy, 32(4): 301-307.
Iasiello, E. 2016. "China's Three Warfares Strategy Mitigates Fallout from Cyber Espionage Activities". Journal of Strategic Security, 9(2): 45-69.
Luker, M. (2003). "The National Strategy to Secure Cyberspace". EDUCAUSE Review, 38(2): 60.
Štitilis, D. (2017). "EU and NATO Cybersecurity Strategies and National Cyber Security Strategies: A Comparative Analysis". Security Journal, 30(4): 1151-1168.
Recently Asked Questions
- a solution to the manager-worker principal-agent problem ?
- Suppose compensation is given by W = 512,000 + 217π + 10.0 8 S , where W = total compensation of the CEO , π = company profits in millions = $ 200 , and S =
- In an oligopoly , producers ' agreements to restrict output tend to be unstable because each firm has an incentive to :