How would you respond to a classmate if the wrote:
- The best way I can describe how the DNS name resolution process works is to break it down into various different steps. I have listed the walk through steps below:When the Domain Name System (DNS) server receives a DNS name resolution request, the DNS server will quickly search through its local DNS cache.
- The Hosts file will be examined if the IP address is not found in the DNS server's cache. The Hosts file is not used often because it is a static text file (Ragothaman, 2012).
- If it has no authority, the DNS server will then forward the request to a more superior DNS server in the network if the DNS server is set up for forwarding.
- In a case where the DNS server is not set up for forwarding or if forwarding fails, the DNS server will utilize its cache.dns. This is a root hints file that will list the root DNS servers (Kozierok, 2005).
- All depending upon the specific request, the root DNS server will reply with addresses such as: edu, net, or com.
- A list of IP addresses will finally be provided by the superior DNS server.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from ChapterFiveGasesSTUDENT2017.
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Accounting.
- XYZ Corp. is designing a product layout for a new product. They plan to use this production line 12 hours a day in order to meet forecasted demand of 1000