How would you respond to a classmate if the wrote:
- The best way I can describe how the DNS name resolution process works is to break it down into various different steps. I have listed the walk through steps below:When the Domain Name System (DNS) server receives a DNS name resolution request, the DNS server will quickly search through its local DNS cache.
- The Hosts file will be examined if the IP address is not found in the DNS server's cache. The Hosts file is not used often because it is a static text file (Ragothaman, 2012).
- If it has no authority, the DNS server will then forward the request to a more superior DNS server in the network if the DNS server is set up for forwarding.
- In a case where the DNS server is not set up for forwarding or if forwarding fails, the DNS server will utilize its cache.dns. This is a root hints file that will list the root DNS servers (Kozierok, 2005).
- All depending upon the specific request, the root DNS server will reply with addresses such as: edu, net, or com.
- A list of IP addresses will finally be provided by the superior DNS server.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Functions Worksheet(1).
- Probability of weather- Money you'll make during it- Rain= .6 $80 Mist= .3 $120 Normal= .1 $200 A) What is the mean? B) What is the variance? C) What is the
- . List the top 5 "do's and don't's regarding e-portfolio content you learned from these sources. Then, briefly discuss each one of your 5 do's and don't's