Information Systems Design and Management
- How to make a simple index for sequential file?
- Explain the basic operations to maintain an index file. (record addition, deletion, update)
- what are pros and cons of the Secondary index ?
- what is the Co-sequential process of 2 files in terms of matching?
- what is Co-sequential process of 2 files in terms of merging ?
- briefly explain how ledger program works
- explain the k-way merging algorithm
- How heap sort works? (re-heap up for insertion/construction, and re-heap down for deletion/soring)
- The basic idea of merge sort, why it is chosen as the external sorting algorithm for file operations? Seek time for each step?
- What is AVL tree?
- explain with examples AVL tree operation (tree insertion, single rotation, and double rotation)
- what is paged binary tree? What are the pros and cons?
- What is B-tree? What are the differences between data structure B-tree, and file structure B-tree?
- explain B-tree insertion, search and deletion
- what is the Time complexity for operating on B-tree
please provide full answers to these question with example and explanation please
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from AFR191qz1FA14(2).
- what is the similarities and differences between Keynesian and classical economics?
- Could someone help me with this bounded-buffer problem? I'm not that familiar with Linux and can't solve it. Completed files would be really appreciated,