1. The __________ relationship is the most difficult to implement.
1. When making corrections to existing data, you would use the following command
a. CHANGE PRODUCT SET P_INDATE = "01/18/2002" WHERE P_CODE = "13-Q2/P2";
b. UPDATE PRODUCT SET P_INDATE = "01/18/2002" WHERE P_CODE = "13-Q2/P2";
c. EDIT PRODUCT SET P_INDATE = "01/18/2002" WHERE P_CODE = "13-Q2/P2";
d. ROLLBACK PRODUCT SET P_INDATE = "01/18/2002" WHERE P_CODE = "13-Q2/P2";
1. A ____________ is a detailed _______________.
a. data dictionary, system catalog
b. system catalog, data dictionary
c. relational schema, system catalog
d. system catalog, relational schema
1. Foreign Keys enforce referential integrity.
1. One of the disadvantages of a distributed database is greater danger of a single-point failure.
1. A fully-heterogeneous DDBMS would support more than one type of DBMS and more than one type of data model.
1. A primary key
a. has the same value for all records.
b. is defined automatically.
c. consists of only one field.
d. must contain a unique value for each record within the table.
1. Analyzing an organization"s data and identifying the relationships among the data is called ____________.
a. Data Modeling
d. Data Redundancy
1. A database _________ is made up of one or more database ________ that must be wholly committed or wholly rolled back.
a. parent, children
b. set, members
c. request, transactions
d. transaction, requests
1. ______________ is a subset of Business Intelligence that uses explanatory and predictive analytics.
a. Data analytics
b. Data analysis
c. Data mart
d. Data mining
1. The ____________ relationship is considered the building block of the relational database.
1. A virtual table is also called a ___________.
a. buffer table
c. cache table
d. All of the above
1. Data analysis provides tools to analyze data, uncover problems/opportunities, and use models to predict business outcomes.
1. Creating the conceptual design, DBMS software selection, creation of the logical design, and creating the physical design are part of the __________ phase in a DBLC.
a. implementation and loading
b. database design
c. database initial study
e. testing and evaluation
1. All aggregate functions may be used on numeric and non-numeric attributes.
1. To create a query to find a specific code (21344) from the product table, you would use:
a. SELECT P_DESCRIPT, P_INDATE, P_PRICE, V_CODE FROM PRODUCT WHERE V_CODE <> 21344;
b. SELECT P_DESCRIPT, P_INDATE, P_PRICE, V_CODE FROM PRODUCT WHERE V_CODE = 21344;
c. SELECT P_DESCRIPT, P_INDATE, P_PRICE, V_CODE FROM PRODUCT WHERE V_CODE => 21344;
d. SELECT P_DESCRIPT, P_INDATE, P_PRICE, V_CODE FROM PRODUCT WHERE V_CODE <= 21344;
1. The Hierarchical database model is based on
a. lack of a parent segment.
b. tree structure.
c. lack of a child segment.
d. none of the above
1. The conceptual model represents a _____________ view of the data.
1. The purpose of a(n) _________ is to improve query performance.
a. Primary Key
d. Foreign Key
1. A lock that locks the entire diskpage is referred to as a
a. transaction-level lock.
b. table-level lock.
c. row-level lock.
d. page-level lock.
e. field-level lock.
1. From a structural point of view, 1NF is better than 2NF.
1. The basic SQL aggregate function that gives the number of rows containing values for a given column is
1. The referential integrity rule requires that
a. every null foreign key value must reference an existing primary key value.
b. it makes it possible for an attribute to have a corresponding value.
c. it makes it possible to delete a row in one table whose primary key does not have a matching foreign key value in another table.
d. every non-null foreign key value must reference an existing primary key value.
1. The term first normal form (1NF) describes the tabular format in which:
a. all the key attributes are defined.
b. there are no repeating groups in the table. Row/column intersection can contain one and only one value, not a set of values.
c. all attributes are dependent on the primary key.
d. all of the above
e. none of the above
1. Complete the following SQL statement to retrieve all rows and all columns from a table named Transaction: SELECT _______ FROM Transaction ;
c. ALL COLUMNS
1. SQL is a nonprocedural language.
1. ___________ creates an advanced data analysis environment that supports decision making, business modeling, and operations research.
b. Client-Server Computing
c. Business Intelligence
1. ___________ modern Distributed Database Management Systems fulfill all 12 rules of a DDBMS.
c. Only a few
1. A DDBMS should exhibit the following types of transparency features: distribution, transaction, failure, performance, heterogeneity, query optimization, and ___________.
1. Redundant data stored in a transactional database may lead to data inconsistencies (different versions of the same data).
1. Which of the following would NOT produce an SQL error?
a. SELECT DEPT.DEPT_ID, COUNT(EMP_ID) FROM DEPT, EMPLOYEE WHERE DEPT.ID = EMPLOYEE.ID ;
b. SELECT * FROM CUSTOMER, SALES ;
c. SELECT DEPT.DEPT_ID, COUNT(EMP_ID) FROM DEPT D, EMPLOYEE E WHERE D.DEPT_ID = E.DEPT_ID GROUP BY D.DEPT_ID ;
d. SELECT CUST_ID FROM CUSTOMER, ORDER WHERE CUSTOMER.CUST_ID = ORDER.CUST_ID ;
1. A database _______________ is referred to as a logical unit of work.
1. What command would you use to retrieve the contents of the PRODUCT table listing P_CODE, P_DESCRIPT, P_INDATE, and P_PRICE in ascending order by P_Price. The command will be
a. SELECT P_CODE, P_DESCRIPT, P_INDATE, P_PRICE FROM PRODUCT SEQUENCE BY P_PRICE;
b. SELECT P_CODE, P_DESCRIPT, P_INDATE, P_PRICE FROM PRODUCT LIST BY P_PRICE;
c. SELECT P_CODE, P_DESCRIPT, P_INDATE, P_PRICE FROM PRODUCT ORDER BY P_PRICE;
d. SELECT P_CODE, P_DESCRIPT, P_INDATE, P_PRICE FROM PRODUCT ASCENDING BY P_PRICE;
1. An entity type in an ER model is implemented as a _______ in a relational database.
1. A key that consists of more than one field is called
a. a composite key
b. a redundant key
c. a foreign key
d. none of the above
1. Which is the following is NOT one of the 12 rules for a fully-distributed DBMS?
a. Query Optimization
1. What feature is a DDBMS disadvantage?
a. data are located near the 'greatest demand' site
b. growth facilitation
c. lack of standards
d. reduced operating cost
1. One unique advantage of the Network database model is its support of ____________ relationships.
1. A condition that occurs when two transactions wait for each other to unlock data is known as a(n)
a. exclusive lock.
b. shared lock.
c. binary lock.
d. two-phase lock.
1. ______________ tracks transaction data to evaluate how an organization is doing.
a. Data analysis
b. Business intelligence
d. Data mining
1. Business intelligence transforms knowledge into wisdom.
1. A ___________-level lock is the least restrictive but requires a lot of processing overhead.
100) A(n) ___________ contains metadata for the objects in a database.
d. data dictionary
Recently Asked Questions
- Jeffrey works as an independent contractor for an accounting firm jointly owned and managed by the Matthews brothers. Which of the following implications can
- Financial information does not demonstrate consistency when
- During the year , Panther Corporation a U . S . corporation has U . S . source income of $ 6,000,000 and foreign source income of $ 2,000,000 . The foreign