You are a networking intern at Richman Investments. An employee of the company used employer-owned equipment to access the Internet and check his personal Web-based e-mail account. He followed a link in a spam e-mail, downloaded games to his hard disk, and inadvertently infected the computer with malware, which spread to the network server. The security officer at Richman has asked you to research and to define "the acceptable use of Richman assets regarding Internet and e-mail access," including the actions that are prohibited. The employees must be restricted from using the Internet at work for personal use, other than to occasionally check Web-based personal e-mail accounts. Personal downloads must be strictly prohibited. Your definition will become part of the overall Richman security policy.
For this assignment:
- Research Internet use policies on the Internet. Find actual policies of real companies.
- Compare the portions that address Internet and e-mail access of at least three different companies.
- Create an Internet and e-mail use policy for Richman Investments that defines the acceptable and unacceptable use of Internet and e-mail access at Richman.
Recently Asked Questions
- When 144 / 60Nd decays to 140 / 58Ce, identify the particle that is released. (a) a proton (b) an alpha particle (c) an electron (d) a neutron (e) a neutrino
- greedy algorithm. Consider the problem of making change for n cents using the fewest number of coins.
- You are the human resources manager in charge of training in a petroleum company. You have been asked to design and develop a comprehensive new training system