Data Standard Encryption (DES): An Exercise in Hand Calculations
1. Obtain from your professor a unique 10-bit key (unique to each individual student).
2. Obtain from your professor a unique 8-bit message (unique to each individual student).
3. Start going through the steps described in the document to encrypt this message.
4. These individual steps must be documented in full detail. Remember that you are doing this to get the feel and the experience of actually going through a symmetric encryption technique, so thoroughness is important here.
5. Once you succeed in encrypting the message, go back and decrypt it and verify that your cipher text is indeed resolvable into the original plaintext.
6. I need detailed lab report documenting all the steps, with captions detailing what each step represents.
7. Plan on spending a few hours on this educational venture.
10 bit keys 00100 10111
8 bit input 10100101
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from I have 4.
- Much international news coverage tends to be crisis oriented. Question 12 options: a) True b) False Reporters during World War I were free to go to the front
- International news coverage of Africa tends to focus around visits by prominent Western officials (US presidents, the Pope, etc.), conflicts that involve US