I am running behind with this assignment and need urgent assistance please.
Using Conditional Controls and Looping (Lab 2 of 7):
This iLab is due at the end of Week 2.
You will be developing SQL PL procedures that demonstrate basic flow of control statements, such as conditionals (decisions) and looping (repetition).
Upon completion of this lab, students will have hands-on experience using flow of control constructs in SQL PL.
Lab Steps (to be completed in Power Systems)
Step 1 Make a new table 5 Pts.
Step 2 Populate the table with data 5 Pts.
Step 3 Make a procedure that uses conditional logic 15 Pts.
Step 4 Make a procedure that uses looping 15 Pts.
Step 5 Make a procedure that uses both conditional logic and looping 20 Pts.
Total Lab Points 60 Pts.
You should submit to the Dropbox a Word document containing:
• SQL PL code for each task.
• Screenshots of the output from each task (each screenshot immediately follows the associated code).
Step 1: Make a New Table
A. Make a table called Branch using the following data definition parameters:
Attribute Data Type Size Restrictions
Branch Number Numeric Data 3 User-defined Primary Key
Branch Name Alphanumeric Data 30
Branch Location Alphanumeric Data 20
Number of Employees Numeric Data 3
Step 2: Populate the Table with Data
a. Add the following data to your Branch table. Use the COMMIT statement when you are done. (This need not be done inside of a procedure - just adding the records in straight SQL is fine.)
Branch_no Branch_Name Branch_Location Num_ Emps
20 Evanston Library Evanston 45
30 Oak Brook Library Oak Brook 20
40 Darien Local Library Darien 15
50 Chicago Public Library Park View NULL
b. Use a SELECT statement to display the rows you have added.
Recently Asked Questions
- Which constraint (s) can be used to represent the following condition : If A happens but B does not happen , then both C and D must happen ?
- Which constraint can be used to represent the following condition : If A does not happen , then both B and C must happen ?
- ____ is the use of a computer or its data for unapproved or possibly illegal activities .