Copper Harbor Land Trust
FORMATTING A POWERPOIN PRESENTATIOn
· Open the file NP_PPT16_1a_FirstLastName_1.pptx, available for download from the SAM website.
· Save the file as NP_PPT16_1a_FirstLastName_2.pptx by changing the "1" to a "2".
o If you do not see the .pptx file extension in the Save As dialog box, do not type it. The program will add the file extension for you automatically.
· To complete this Project, you will also need to download and save the following support files from the SAM website:
· With the file NP_PPT16_1a_FirstLastName_2.pptx still open, ensure that your first and last name is displayed in the presenter notes on Slide 1.
o If the presenter notes do not display your name, delete the file and download a new copy from the SAM website.
1. You are developing a presentation for people interested in the Copper Harbor Land Trust, which works to preserve land in northern Michigan. Start on Slide 1 by typing Copper Harbor Land Trust as the slide title.
2. With Slide 1 ("Copper Harbor Land Trust") still displaying, type Preserving natural resources as the subtitle.
3. Add a new Slide 2 using the Title and Content layout. Type Welcome to Copper Harbor as the slide title.
4. On Slide 2 ("Welcome to Copper Harbor"), in the content placeholder, insert the picture from the file Support_NP_PPT16_1a_Harbor.jpg, available for download from the SAM website, to illustrate the harbor.
5. On Slide 3 ("Copper Harbor Watershed"), without using a content placeholder, insert the picture from the file Support_NP_PPT16_1a_Stream.jpg, available for download from the SAM website, to illustrate the watershed.