school management software for student and financial records. The software requires that the buildings be networked together.
That district has a grade school, junior high, and high school. The grade school and the junior high are smaller buildings on the same plot of land but they are in separate buildings about 50 yards apart. The high school is newer and larger; it is several miles away on the other side of town.
The school district has thirty teachers, three principals, three administrative assistants, fifteen staff members, and 500 students.
Security is always an issue. The school offers courses in computer science at the high school. The principal is concerned that the students will be tempted to hack into the school management software. The superintendent requests a security plan to help prevent student hackers from accessing the school management software. Also, the superintendent has a vague worry about students accessing pornography on the Internet. The district would like to know if you can configure routers and/or switches to prevent this. Or, is extra equipment or software needed to prevent students from accessing pornography from school computers?
The school superintendent bought some equipment and then realized that no one knew how to make it work. The equipment includes one 2600 series router, two 2500 series routers, and six 1900 series switches.
Your mission: Design a network to connect the three buildings and recommend security features for this network. You will plan your solution step by step, and then present your overall design to your client.
A high level diagram of the network that shows the subnetworks and the equipment. You do not assign IP addresses yet. The general idea is to get your client to agree to the general design before adding the details.
A good general design has the following characteristics:
- It fits on one page.
- It has a title or heading.
- It is formatted nicely to make it easy to understand.
- Each building and/or LAN is clearly identified.
- The hardware and circuits are easy to identify.
detailed diagram of the network include all of the information about IP addresses, subnets, and subnet masks.
A good detailed design adds to the general design diagram. Be sure to add the following:
- The overall network address and subnet mask.
- The addresses of the subnets.
- IP addresses for hosts and router interfaces.
Recently Asked Questions
- Now, it's time to turn in your semester project. Remember your project should include the following: A Mental Health Concern - and the Patient or Community -
- What are the four natural body defenses against infection
- There are two incumbent firms,F1,F2and also a potential entrant,F3. The steps of the game are: 1.F1andF2simultaneously choose outputsq1R+andq2R+re- spectively.