Refer to the extract below taken from the ciscopress article found at
1. What problem does multiplexing solve?
2. What is a Time Slot in TDM?
3. Refer to Figure 3-7 above. We now have another level of multiplexing. Four links each of 10Gb/s are being multiplexed. What is the outgoing link rate?
7. (4 points) True or False
1. Connecting two branches of a company in Chicago and New York through dedicated leased lines is less expensive than using the public Internet.
2. Fiber optic communication is capable of higher data rates than either coaxial or twisted-pair cable.
3. We should use a crossover cable to connect a router to a switch.
4. A DSL connection uses the telephone landline to connect to the service provider.
8. (3 points) Which of the following is true about WANs? (Choose three.)
1. The demarcation point separates the Customer Premises Equipment from the Service Provider Equipment.
2. ISDN is a public WAN technology.
3. A CSU/DSU converts the digital signal used by Customer Premise Equipment into the digital signal sent via the outside cabling to the carrier.
4. A router is commonly considered a DTE device.
5. A router is commonly considered a DCE device.
9. (2 points) What is the throughput of a T1 link? How does it relate to a DS0?
10. (2 points) What is the difference between a "B-channel" and a "D-channel" in ISDN services?
Recently Asked Questions
- QUESTION 7 Jacob has been working at a software company as an intern for the last few months, and his supervisor, April, has suggested that he apply for a job
- Consider the issue of data storage and protection within an organization. Briefly list the functions of a vault server. Describe vault server auditing and
- Input Format A line indicating the size of the array the array on the next line Constraints n < 10000 Output Format One line printing the array in order input