can you help me with rstudio assignment
1. Suppose a hospital tested
the age and body fat data for 18 randomly selected adults with the following results:
age: 23- 23 -27 -27 -39- 41- 47 -49 -50
%fat: 9.5 -26.5 -7.8 -17.8 -31.4- 25.9 - 27.4 -27.2 -31.2
age: 52 - 54 - 54 - 56- 57- 58- 58- 60 - 61
%fat: 34.6 - 42.5 - 28.8- 33.4- 30.2 - 34.1 - 32.9 - 41.2 - 35.7
Use R to answer the following questions. Include your R code with your submission, and plots (where applicable, you can take screenshots) and submit electronically.
(a) Calculate the mean, median and standard deviation of age and %fat.
(b) Draw the boxplots for age and %fat and interpret the results.
(c) Draw a scatter plot and interpret the results.
(d) Check the distribution of these two attributes.
(e) Calculate the correlation between these two attributes. Are these attributes positively or negatively correlated?
(f) Compute their covariance. Interpret the results.
2. Use the following methods to normalize the following group of data:
200, 300, 400, 600, 1000
(a) min-max normalization by setting min = 0 and max = 1
(b) min-max normalization by setting min = -1 and max = 1
(c) z-score normalization
(d) normalization by decimal scaling
(e) Explain why data analysts need to normalize their numeric variables.
Recently Asked Questions
- 1.The seven bits 0111110 are stored in seven bits of a byte.An eighth bit is added to ensure parity for the byte. a.What is the eighth bit to be added if odd
- 6. Using a Python function called compare_seq() that accepts two sequences (seq1 and seq2) of numbers and prints out the following: All elements that occur in
- Which common data mining subtask is also referred to as market-basket analysis? a - Similarity matching b - Clustering c - Regression d - Association rule