YARN platform has become the foundation to run any framework. MapReduce big data processing framework is the
most popular of them all and we will discuss it in great detail in this class. We will also discuss HBase(NOSQL database) on YARN. But there are other frameworks that could run on YARN. They are Spark (0), Storm(1), Tez(2), Open-MPI(3) and Girpah(4). Note the numbers rught next to the frameworks.
Now, concatenate your first name and last name, get the length of the concatenated name and modulo 5; that will give you a number. Based upon the number, pick the technology and do 30-60 minute Google research. Once you pick a topic, conduct Google research and post the following about the project. For example if the length of your concatenated name is 13, then 13 mod 5 is equal to 3, then you pick up 3 - Giraph. Once you have done the research, post the following:
• Official site: If there is an official site for the project
• Status of project and integration with YARN
• what is the framework all about? What is the big idea behind the framework?
• Give five links are resources that you found useful. It could be articles, videos, discussion forum, tutorials.
Recently Asked Questions
- The new file is senator.txt in Alliance directory. How can I move it into the Empire directory, renaming the file to "emperor.dat".?
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from hw1.pdf.
- As an upcoming software engineer, what do you consider (at least 6) to be the advantages of purchasing a software package.