Consider a demand-paging system with the following time-measured utilizations: CPU utilization
20% Paging disk 97.7% Other I/O devices 5%
Which (if any) of the following will (probably) improve CPU utilization? Explain your answer.
1) Install a faster CPU.
2) Install a bigger paging disk.
3) Increase the degree of multiprogramming.
4) Decrease the degree of multiprogramming.
5) Install more main memory.
6) Install a faster hard disk or multiple controllers with multiple hard disks.
7) Add prepaging to the page fetch algorithms.
8) Increase the page size.