question.The PC in front of you is having hypothetical problems. Your job is by using effective
searching techniques, come up with possible solutions.
Problem # 1 - System is running slow, definite lag time when opening new applications.
A. Using a generic query [without using model or brand]
B. In Firefox, using Google, what query did you type in? ______________________________________
C. Which Web 2 sites would you consider legit? ______________________________________________
D. Why did you consider the sites in Step C to be legit or valid?
E. What helpful information did you find? _________________________________________________
F. Repeat Step A above, using www.duckduckgo
G. Were the results different? ____________
H. Were there other sites would you consider legit? I yes, what site or sites were they?
I. Did you find other helpful information? _________________________________________________
J. Based upon what you learned in Steps A and E above. What would you do to improve your search? Refer to tips if needed. Note your new query: _______________________________________________________________
K. What was your search improved? ______ Did you find better resources? ________
Tips for Effective Searching
1. Key words - List keywords that define your topic - these will become your search terms. - Be as specific as possible such as Labrador rather than Dogs
Example: What percentage of Australia's electricity comes from wind power? Key words might be: wind, power, Australia, electricity.
2. Use quotation marks for exact phrases eg "wind power" will result in web pages where that phrase appears.
3. Boolean searching: Use + and - to narrow your search "wind power" + Australia "wind power" AND Australia
Use + or AND to include all words. "wind power"
+ Australia -jobs "wind power" AND Australia NOT jobs
Use - or NOT to exclude words you do not want. IMPORTANT - do not use a space between the + and - signs and the search term -jobs not - jobs
4. Advanced search option in Google Click the Advanced Search button at bottom of Google start or results page to refine your search by date, country, amount, language, or other criteria.
Recently Asked Questions
- I have the following FA (please note that I amended it at a later stage and the start state is an accepting state). I need to convert it to an RE. So I first
- True or false
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Write an application for Codys Car Care Shop that shows a user a li.docx.