1. Which of the following facts about magnetic tapes is NOT correct
A. Magnetic Tapes uses both sequential
and direct access
B. Magnetic Tapes have a low cost per megabyte of storage
C. Magnetic Tapes are primarily used for backup and archival purposes
D. Tapes libraries contain multiple tape drives
3. An Information System consists of
A. Only hardware, software, stored data, personnel
B. Only software, personnel and procedures
C. Only stored data, hardware, software
D. Hardware, software, stored data, personnel and procedures
4. Which of the following can be uses of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System
A. To acquire new customers
B. Provide better service and support to customers
C. Customize the customer's offerings according to their preferences
D. All of the above
5. Which of the following helps to keep track of stocks in a store?
A. A transaction processing system
B. A management information system
C. A knowledge-based system
D. An inventory control system
6. A(n) _____________ uses laser to detect the mouse's movement.
A. MoGo mouse
B. Wireless mouse
C. Trackball mouse
D. Optical mouse
7. Which of the following technologies uses layer of gas to display images?
A. Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)
B. Light Emitting Diode (LED)
C. Cathode Ray Tube (CRT)
D. Plasma Displays
8. Which of the following about Smart Card is true?
A. Smart cards cannot store Biometric data
B. Smart cards cannot be used to store prepaid amounts of digital cash
C. Smart cards can store Gigabytes of Data
D. Smart Card contains some computer circuitry including processor, memory and storage.
9. In which type of network connection is data forwarded to all the other recipients on a
10. Which of the following facts about a Data Warehouse is NOT correct
A. Data in a Data Warehouse can be altered.
B. A Data Warehouse stores current and historical data.
C. Consolidates and standardizes information for use across the enterprise
D. A Data Warehouse will provide query, analysis and reporting tools
11. Which of the following facts about a Data Mart is NOT correct
A. A Data Warehouse is a subset of a Data Mart
B. A Data Mart typically focuses on a single subject or line of business
C. Is used by specific population of users
D. Contains summarised or highly focused portion of firm's data
12. Which of the following is a network device that connects two different networks and plans
the path for a packet to take to reach its destination.
13. Which of the following is a private network set up by an organisation for use by its
employees and whereby access to the intranet is controlled by a firewall?
14. A ____________ provides a secure path over the Internet that provides authorized users a
secure means of accessing a private network via the Internet.
A. Wireless Sensor Network
B. Virtual Private Network
C. Personal Area Network
D. Star network
15. The Expert System consists of a/an _____________ that analyses rules in the knowledge
base to draw conclusions.
A. Knowledge Base System
B. Audit Trail
C. Inference Engine
D. Control Total
1. A ________ is a combination of hardware components and software that controls or
filters access between networks
2. Encryption is the process of coding a message so that its meaning is concealed.
Encrypted data is unintelligible unless a special number called a _____ is known.
3. ___________ attack involves flooding the server with thousands of false requests to crash
4. __________ are text files stored on client computers when visiting web sites.
5. __________ has to do with the standards of behavior that people follow; what is right and
what is wrong
6. __________processing is the use of multiple processors in a single computer usually to
process a single job faster.
7. The process of optimizing RAM by using the hard drive's swap file is called
8. ___________ is a fundamental rethinking and radical redesign of business processes to
achieve dramatic improvement in cost, quality, time and service.
9. There are two main methods of distributing a database; namely Partitioned and
10. __________knowledge needs to be organized and recorded in a way that makes it usable
by others in the organization who do not have that knowledge.
11. The ___________ is an input device that reads printed text and graphics and transfers
them to a computer in digital form
12. During systems implementation, one of the methods of conversion involves turning off
the old system and the new one is turned on. This method is known as ________.
13. __________ is the process of misrepresenting oneself by using fake e-mail addresses or
masquerading as someone else.
14. The process of searching huge amounts of data with the hope of finding a pattern is
known as data __________.
15. When a file is written to a RAID system using disk __________, an identical copy is sent
to another drive in the system.