You have been temporarily assigned to the Copier rehabilitation facility near Charleston, SC. During your first two days on site, you discover that the copiers that need to be rehabilitated arrive at irregular intervals in varying quantities from distributors throughout the country.
Your first analysis indicates that the distributors (not Canbide employees) are accumulating copiers at their locations until they physically run out of room then ship the entire quantity. You also discover that the repair parts that are controlled by the Charleston facility is out of control. The purchasing department is double checking (indicating lack of trust) and validating every single purchase request which comes from this inventory department. You find that the purchasing department is operating using five year old EOQs (Economic Order Quantities). Finally, you find that the personnel department, tired of obtaining trained (or trainable) temporary workers on short notice, has decided to set permanent staffing levels to handle the periodic surges in workload.
Develop a cohesive plan for correcting the problems which have been explicitly and implicitly identified. Your report should have a detailed analysis of each problem area and a discussion of the issues with recommended solutions. Your analysis should include a conceptualized conclusion, recommended solutions, and a detailed summary for each identified problem.
- Examine the concepts of managing operations as they apply to the production of goods and services.
- Apply the appropriate operations tools to aid in decision-making and optimize performance.
Recently Asked Questions
- Plz help solve this problem, thanks a lot for your help
- Hello everyone, Im having trouble answering this question. TIA. The number of weekly customer complaint at a restaurant can be monitored. Develop three sigma
- If Sarah had a viral infection that affected neuron function in the ventral root of the same spinal nerve, how would the signs and symptoms be different than