A library requires a completely integrated automated system which handles book ordering, cataloguing, book issue and recall. It is intended that the catalog be accessible by library users and that users should e able to access this remotely via dial-up lines. Users should also be able to request books which are currently on loan by marking that book in the library catalogue.
Factors which should be taken into account are:
• Users of the library may have no specific computer experience. However, the requirements for remote catalog browsing mean that a text-based interface is required.
• Book ordering depends on a buying budget. If this is exhausted, no books may be ordered. There may be multiple book purchase budgets to be administered.
• The system should be able to generate reports about books on order, loan frequency etc. for library staff.
• Books are marked with a bar code when purchased and this is read to issue the book. Library users also have identification cards incorporating a bar code.
Recently Asked Questions
- What intra- and inter-generational issues do most companies (no company names please) have to address; and, in your opinion, have these issues been addressed
- Complete P4-7 (page 209) and CP4-2 (page 217) from Chapter 4 of your Financial Accounting textbook.
- PLEASE READ: The only thing I want to learn are the step by step of what to punch in the calculator HP10BII+ financial calculator , I'm trying to learn what to