Project description - A library automation system
A library requires a completely integrated automated system which handles book ordering, cataloguing, book issue and recall. It is intended that the catalog be accessible by library users and that users should e able to access this remotely via dial-up lines. Users should also be able to request books which are currently on loan by marking that book in the library catalogue.
Factors which should be taken into account are:
• Users of the library may have no specific computer experience. However, the requirements for remote catalog browsing mean that a text-based interface is required.
• Book ordering depends on a buying budget. If this is exhausted, no books may be ordered. There may be multiple book purchase budgets to be administered.
• The system should be able to generate reports about books on order, loan frequency etc. for library staff.
• Books are marked with a bar code when purchased and this is read to issue the book. Library users also have identification cards incorporating a bar code.
Recently Asked Questions
- What are the lowest and highest possible values of each of the following measures of disease frequency? a. Prevalence b. Cumulative incidence c. Incidence rate
- One difference between a plant and animal cell is
- Which of the following statements about preload , afterload and contractility is correct ?