1. Prepare and print a one-page cost estimate for the project. Use the WBS level 1 categories provided below, and be sure to document assumptions you make in preparing the cost estimate. Assume a labor rate of $100/hour for the project manager and $60/hour for other project team members. Assume twice those numbers for outsourced labor.
a. Project management (internal)
b. Requirements definition
c. Off-the-shelf system installation
d. System customization (for transferring/entering product and customer information and developing new capabilities like managing referrals, displaying advertisements, and tracking customer usage patterns)
f. Training, rollout, and support.
2. Using the cost estimate you created above, prepare a cost baseline by allocating the costs by WBS for each month of the project.
3. Assume you have completed six months of the project. The BAC was $500,000 for this 12-month project. Also assume the following:
EV = $280,000
using this information, write a one to two page report that answers the following questions...
a. What is the cost of variance, schedule variants, cost performance Index (CPI), and schedule performance Index (SPI) for the project?
b. Use the CPI to calculate the estimate at completion (EAC) for this project. Use the SPI to estimate how long it will take to finish this project. Sketch and earned value chart using the above information, including the EAC point. Write a paragraph explaining what this chart shows.
c. How is the project doing? Is it ahead of schedule or behind schedule? Is it under budget or overbudget? Should you alert your senior management and ask for assistance? Should you talk to your sponsor before the meeting to discuss this data?
Recently Asked Questions
- From global health perspective, how do researchers measure the global burden of the disease and discuss the policy of increased aid funding to low-income
- Go to this link http://www.cs.utsa.edu/~cs1083/ Then go to 'Projects' Project 2 is the one to be completed.
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Exam 3 <a