Online shopping becomes popular nowadays. Some websites like Amazon, Bestbuy, Buy.com and Dell.com change the prices of their products frequently. In this project, you are required to design a client program to monitor the prices of some popular products of interests (such as Wii, Xbox, etc.) and send a alert when a price drops under a predefined threshold.
The specific requirements are summarized below:
• Your program should be as general as possible, in dealing with various websites. For the
purpose of testing your program, however, you may choose any product webpage at Amazon
(or Bestbuy or Dell.com). Please download it and make it testing webpage. You may
dynamically change the product price when testing your alert function.
• The input of your program should be a text file formatted as follows:
weblink1 price-threshold1 email1
weblink2 price-threshold2 email2
....... ...... ......
• For each weblink, the client program should retrieve the product price once every a fixed
interval (e.g., a minute). If the price of the product is lower than a predefined value (given in
the input file), your program should send an alert message to an email address (specified in the
input file too).
• You may be requested to modify the input file (including email address, threshold, and
wenlink) during demonstration.
Recently Asked Questions
- What were some of the ramifications of one-party rule in history of Texas? What caused the rise of a two-party system in Texas?
- A Type I error is to _____ as a Type II error is to _____. a. rejecting the null when it is false; accepting the null when it is true b. rejecting the null
- These two are algebra questions Please answer Q6 and Q7 Thank you