Your team's network plan can be supported by any network operating systems that SOPRO installs. The division supervisor wants recommendations from the Networking Team on which OS would best suit the client's needs. The criterion includes ease of use; a short learning curve, meaning that the users will be functional in the OS in the shortest time; low cost of the OS with ongoing support from the manufacturer; built-in security component available; provided web management; flexibility allowing the users to modify and build applications; and several off-the-shelf business programs/applications available. Lon remembers that you used to be on the Operating System Team and tells you to develop the base recommendation for his review.
I am required to review UNIX-like/Linux-networking, Window 2003 server, and Windows 2000 server and determine which of these operating systems best meets the client's criteria. You will write a draft recommendation for Lon. This is a recommendation not a final report. You will use the list of aforementioned needs. The tradeoff must be identified to support as many of the criterion as possible. Write a recommendation with rationale supporting the choices you present. Include the advantages and disadvantages of each OS.
1. Analyze the benefits and detractors in selecting an operating system for an organization.
2. Recommend an operating system to an organization based on its ability to provide the services and organizational requirement.
Recently Asked Questions
- What is the main clinical use for antagonists of the β1-adrenoceptor? a) Treatment of glaucoma b) Treatment of hypertension c) Treatment of asthma d)
- How many times greater is the intensity of sound from a concert speaker at a distance of 21 meters than the intensity at a distance of 147 meters?
- List three examples of plagiarism and discuss how plagiarizing as a student affects the integrity of a baccalaureate degree, the public perception of the