Your team's network plan can be supported by any network operating systems that SOPRO installs. The division supervisor wants recommendations from the Networking Team on which OS would best suit the client's needs. The criterion includes ease of use; a short learning curve, meaning that the users will be functional in the OS in the shortest time; low cost of the OS with ongoing support from the manufacturer; built-in security component available; provided web management; flexibility allowing the users to modify and build applications; and several off-the-shelf business programs/applications available. Lon remembers that you used to be on the Operating System Team and tells you to develop the base recommendation for his review.
I am required to review UNIX-like/Linux-networking, Window 2003 server, and Windows 2000 server and determine which of these operating systems best meets the client's criteria. You will write a draft recommendation for Lon. This is a recommendation not a final report. You will use the list of aforementioned needs. The tradeoff must be identified to support as many of the criterion as possible. Write a recommendation with rationale supporting the choices you present. Include the advantages and disadvantages of each OS.
1. Analyze the benefits and detractors in selecting an operating system for an organization.
2. Recommend an operating system to an organization based on its ability to provide the services and organizational requirement.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please explain how you solve this. The division's manufacturing costs and variable selling expenses related to the video card are as follows: Cost
- Economic uncertainty and financial instability affect the ability of patients to pay debt arising from medical bills not covered by insurance, leading to
- questions 1, 2, and 3. I am not understanding , but I completed all other questions.