Ala/A GCU, GCC, GCA, GCG
Leu/L UUA, UUG, CUU, CUC, CUA, CUG
Arg/R CGU, CGC, CGA, CGG, AGA, AGG
Lys/K AAA, AAG
Asn/N AAU, AAC
Asp/D GAU, GAC
Phe/F UUU, UUC
Cys/C UGU, UGC
Pro/P CCU, CCC, CCA, CCG
Gln/Q CAA, CAG
Ser/S UCU, UCC, UCA, UCG, AGU, AGC
Glu/E GAA, GAG
Thr/T ACU, ACC, ACA, ACG
Gly/G GGU, GGC, GGA, GGG
His/H CAU, CAC
Tyr/Y UAU, UAC
Ile/I AUU, AUC, AUA
Val/V GUU, GUC, GUA, GUG
STOP UAG, UGA, UAA
*replace AUG with an M.
Write an interactive GUI application that has the features as follows:
1. Take input from user either in a text area or by letting him upload a text file with DNA sequences of any length. The format of the sequence is the sequence name followed by the nucleotides.
2. Show the transcription to RNA in a text area.
3. Show the translation of RNA to protein in a text area according to the table above.
4. Search the sequences contained in the text file (or typed in the text area) for a user specified sequence (of any length). It should list all sequences (from the list) in which the user specified sequence is a substring, the location at which the substring occurs in each sequence, and the sequence name. Display these information in a text area at the bottom of the GUI. Allow the user to search for as many sequences as desired without having to restart the program.
You may add other features (talk to instructor) and color if you would like. There should also be a button to reset and start over again. You should put your program, all documentation with any directions for the user, substring search algorithm, etc in a folder, then zip it and place it in the drop box
Recently Asked Questions
- When sunlight passes through the window of your house, the dust particles scatter the light making the path of the light visible. This phenomenon is called
- Which law relates solubility of solvents with pressure? a) Hess’ law b) Henry’s law c) Charles’ Law d) Boyle’s law
- On increasing the temperature, the solubility of the solute in the solvent________. a) Increase b) Decrease c) Change d) Does not change