6. There are two different implementations of POSIX pthreads in Linux. One is at user level, the other is as kernel threads. Which one is installed on the system you are using?
9. Some operating systems create a new process as a clone of the existing one; others create a new process with a new program. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of both systems.
12. Investigate the different versions of the exec() system service, and istinguish between them.
15 Investigate how to pass parameters to a thread, when creating it.
18. Modern CPUs have special instructions to do all of the copying of registers required at a context switch. Investigate this instruction for a machine of your choice.
Recently Asked Questions
- Why did Paine believe that American was in a state of crisis?
- 1. Taxes on imports shift costs. For example, a tax on imported computers sold in the U.S. means ________. computer buyers pay more for U.S. made
- How to write the journal entry of capitalisation of development costs？Can you give an example？ Further costs of $112,000 were incurred in this