Refer to the figure above for questions #3 through #5
3. (4 points) What is the address class (A, B or C) for these IP addresses?
4. (4 points) Assume that the subnet mask for the network above is 255.255.192.0, so the left subnet is 188.8.131.52/18 and the right subnet is 184.108.40.206/18. What is the maximum number of IP hosts allowed per subnet using this mask?
5. Now, assume that Client #1 has just powered up and initialized. Now its user types http://220.127.116.11 into a browser.
a) (4 points) The first packet sent by Client #1 will be “ARP Request for 18.104.22.168” (which will be broadcast). What is the purpose of this packet? Which device responds to it?
b) Now Client #1 transmits a request packet to the Web Server. Tell me the specific numeric values (from the diagram) that will be in each of the following fields of this request packet:
i) (4 points) Destination MAC Address in Ethernet header
ii) (4 points) Destination IP Address in IP header
6. (10 points) An organization has been assigned the Class B address 145.138 and wants to set up as many subnets as they can, in which each subnet can handle at least 100 hosts. What subnet mask should they use?
7. (25 points) Consider a PC with IP 22.214.171.124 and subnet mask 255.255.255.192.
What IP network is this address on (assume classfull addressing)?
What is the subnet ID for its subnet?
List all IP addresses on the same subnet as this one.
What is maximum number of hosts in this subnet?
How many different subnets exist in this IP network using this subnet mask?
Recently Asked Questions
- Mifepristone (RU-486) is: a) Antiprogestin b) Antiandrogen c) Antiestrogen d) Androgen
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from PHIL 102 -Quiz 4.docx. Additional comments: "Is this answer correct for
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from SimpleShoppingCartApp(User Manual). Additional comments: "I am looking